Syncro Solstice 2014 is just around the corner!
The event will be Thursday May 15 through Sunday May 18th in the Moab West desert.
The Syncro Solstice is an annual Volkswagen Transporter Jamboree produced by enthusiasts in the Intermountain area. The event hosts both 2WD and 4WD vehicles in an off-road desert-style family-camp-and-expedition Jamboree, held late spring in Moab, Utah. Our Eurovan, Bus, Doka and Microbus friends are a hit and also very welcome.
This is our fourth year in the Solstice and we cannot wait to get the band back together again man! If this is your first time, we are excited for you to join us. We are expecting 80+ vans to travel who knows how many miles of trails. This may be the year where we push up against our maximum number of vans so register early.
"Afternoon Delights" await, running the Colorado, mountain biking single tracks, hiking, swimming and every other adventure the coolest place on the planet has to offer. Expect wonderful friendships to be made, and memories that will ink a spot on your calendar for the rest of your life. We hope you can make it this year, to this incredible Vanagon journey the community has put together.
The Solstice tribe is comprised of Vanagon folks living thousands of miles apart, brought together under the Moab sun, bound through discovery and adventure, and the occasional broken axle. You'll come for the scenery, mountain bike adventures, swimming, local brews, hiking, offroading, national parks, wild life, river running, cool van watching...the list goes on. But you'll come back next year simply because, there is not a better group in the world you would want to share this with. And the kid life is spectacular to!
As we roll out the schedule, here are a couple of sources to keep you in the know:
- Like the Syncro Solstice on the Facebook Page to keep in the loop on updates, check out the growing collection of pictures from years past, and whatever else that technology allows: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Syncro-Solstice/160698587418511
- Twitter: @SyncroSolstice - https://twitter.com/SyncroSolstice
- Instagram: SyncroSolstice - http://instagram.com/syncrosolstice
- The Samba: Any forum threads that get started, we will post here:
- Other threads: Listed as they come up.
- Email: If your email is listed in the registration, we will use that to keep you in the know as well.
Due to constraints on permits, trails and other central events that take place during the solstice, there are a finite amount of van-spots available. We are confident the event will fill to capacity this year. Please keep this in mind, and make your registration early!